I’d like to think that I’ve perfected a muffin recipe base that can be easily altered to create any flavor. All one needs to do is add in the extra ingredients at the appropriate time, such as flavoring extracts, liqueurs, spices, ground zest, berries, fruits, jam, chocolate chips, crushed cookies or candy bars, candy pieces, nuts, food dye, cinnamon & brown sugar in melted butter, etc. Give it a try!
kidvelociraptor’s Basic Muffin Recipe
(Makes 12 XL Muffins & 12 Minis)
1 cup Oil or 2 Sticks Butter
1.5 cups White Granulated Sugar
1 pinch Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
(Optional: Food Dye, Flavor Extracts, Liqueur, Spices, Zest, etc.)
2 Eggs (Optional: 1 Egg + 3 Tbsp Egg White from carton)
1.5 cups Milk or Yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
4 cups All-Purpose Flour (Optional: Try substituting 1 cup of Cake Flour)
(Optional: Berries, Fruit, Nuts,
White or Milk Chocolate Chips, etc.)
1) In a large mixing bowl, melt butter, then cream with granulated sugar.
2) Add ingredients to batter in the order listed above, making sure to blend thoroughly before & after adding milk & eggs.
3) Mix in the baking powder & flour last, stirring until batter is thoroughly blended. (If adding fruit or berries, do so now.)
4) Preheat oven to 420 F. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups, then fill each cup with batter. Bake for 15-20 min.
🔴 Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake 🔴
1/3 cup Melted Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Room-Temp Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1) Pour batter into each baking cup until 1/4 full, then add 1 Tbsp filling to each cup. Top off each cup with more batter, stopping when cups are 2/3 full (overfilled cups will leak cinnamon goo all over your muffin pan, which is not fun to clean off after it’s hardened in the oven.)
2) Blend topping ingredients until coarse, & sprinkle on top of each cup. (Simple Easy Alternative: Sprinkle cups with white or brown sugar.)